- This week’s challenge was to let Christine’s work inspire us. I liked this layout, and while mine doesn’t really look like her’s, her LO inspired me to use circles for the first time, and the ribbon at the bottom is en homage to her LO as well. It is another LO for my Childhood Album. It is a tribute to the house in which I grew up.
MATERIALS: PPs: Martha Stewart; Textured Paper: Martha Stewart; Rub-on Alphas: Anna Griffin; Journaling Sheer: Maya Road; Paper circles: Crate Paper; Photo Corners: Jolee’s Boutique/EK Success; Ribbon: American Crafts & Michael’s.
- I’m also working on a series of “scrapwork quilt” cards in an attempt to use up my paper scraps.
Most of the papers are Marrakech (Basic Grey), Paper Source, and Amy Butler Designer Mat scraps. I hand-etched the gold foil ribbon to give it some texture. The decorative ribbon tape is Martha Stewart and the brads are from Queen & Co.
- I participated in this week’s Creative Therapy.
- And I made a Father’s Day Card for my dad–his name is Bob, so I altered a vintage Bingo card and each square has an image that has some meaning or significance to my dad. His initials are RVG, so that’s why those are in there!
- And finally, I made one other card, but I can’t show it just in case its recipient happens to look at this blog anytime soon. 🙂
- Sunday Scrappin’ Challenge for this coming week: Think about your favorite color. Now, think about what’s on the opposite side of the color wheel… and use those two colors in your project! Hmm…that means I’ll be working with red and green. Christmas in June I guess!!
- A couple of other secret projects…